- A term used to express the idea of becoming more certain about something
- A Latin phrase which indicates that something is done with an even greater reason or justification
- Expresses the concept that something is done with an even more convincing strength or force
- If he could complete a marathon, then a fortiori, he could finish a 5K race.
- If the contract is invalid under federal law, then a fortiori, it is invalid under state law.
- If a misdemeanor is punishable by law, a fortiori, a felony has more severe consequences.