- The act of giving up, without plans of reclaiming or asserting a right or ownership of a property or right
- It signifies removing oneself from or neglecting a duty or responsibility despite being obligated to it
- The process of forfeiting any claims or responsibilities under an agreement or contract
- Purposefully not fulfilling or accomplishing a task or obligation
- The property was left in a dilapidated state after the previous owners decided to abandon it.
- In spite of his initial dedication, the CEO chose to abandon the company in its time of crisis.
- Despite having signed the contract, the contractor decided to abandon his obligations halfway through the project.