- Refers to the act of eliminating or nullifying something
- Implies the act of making something invalid or ineffective
- Indicates the process of lessening something, often in a proportional manner
- Connotes the falling through or becoming invalidated or ineffective
- Represents the process of dwindling in value or quantity
- The judge was able to abate the irrelevant evidence from the case.
- Since the contract was not signed, it was abated and held no legal standing.
- Upon reviewing the case, the fines for the traffic ticket were abated.
- Due to certain errors, the testament was abated and had no legal effect.
- The value of the property abated after the economic crisis.