- A person who is not present in a particular place where they are expected or required to be
- An owner of a business or property who does not live on the property or at the place of business
- An individual who could be involved in a legal action but lacks presence or representation in the respective proceedings
- The absentee must send a representative to attend the meeting on his behalf.
- The business suffered due to the lack of careful management by the absentee.
- The lawyer had difficulties proceeding with the case due to the absentee client.