- The act of using something in a manner that it is not intended for
- Using something unjustly or in a wrongful way
- Utilizing something in an inappropriate or excessively
- Purposeful or negligent infliction of physical or emotional harm, often recurring, especially on a minor
- Participation in sexual acts with a minor, as defined by law
- Severe criticism or insult expressed through words
- A situation where something is used in a wrong, unfair, or excessive way
- The intentional infliction of physical or psychological injury
- The abuse of consumer products has led to many preventable injuries.
- The manager was reprimanded for the abuse of his power, after he was found to be treating his subordinates unfairly.
- The child was removed from the home after reports of continuous abuse were confirmed by the child welfare agency.