- The action of causing an event to happen sooner than originally scheduled
- The action of advancing the due date of a debt agreement to demand immediate payment
- The process of having future property rights come into effect earlier by eliminating earlier interests, such as through failure or early termination
- The act of putting into effect a clause in a contract which allows for the entire debt to become due immediately upon the occurrence of a specific event
- When the company failed to meet certain financial conditions, their lender chose to accelerate the loan requiring immediate repayment of all outstanding amounts.
- The tenant's violation of the lease agreement caused the landlord to accelerate the rent, demanding the full lease amount at once.
- The heir was able to accelerate their interest in the property once the life tenancy ended prematurely.