- An individual who, though not in actual or constructive attendance, intentionally assists or encourages the execution of a serious crime
- An individual who knowingly provides help or shelter to a wrongdoer with the purpose of obstructing justice after a serious crime has occurred
- The act of being involved as a helper in the commission of a serious crime
- The police discovered that he was an accessory to the bank robbery and promptly arrested him.
- Providing a getaway car for a bank robber makes one an accessory to the crime.
- Being charged with accessory carries a range of potential punishments depending on the severity of the crime one assisted with.