- The act of recognizing or confirming something or someone
- Admitting, typically by a man, that he is the father of a child
- The action or behavior carried out or a gift given to recognize receipt of something
- A formal proclamation of one's action or a truth in order to validate it legally
- Formal certificates prepared by an authorized official that validates a deed, usually involving the official's signature and sometimes their seal
- The lawyer made an acknowledgment that the contract was binding.
- If there is an acknowledgment of paternity, the father assumes legal responsibilities for the child.
- The notary provided an acknowledgment confirming the validity of the deed.