- Act of being relieved or freed from a debt, obligation or liability
- The legal declaration of innocence or free from guilt for a charged offense, decreed either by a court ruling, jury decision, or other lawful means
- Following detailed investigation, the court finally delivered an acquittal due to insufficient evidence.
- The defense attorney was successful in obtaining an acquittal for his client.
- Despite all the allegations, the acquittal was granted as the charges could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.