- A process in which a specified gift in a will is nullified if the giver disposes of the property in question before their death
- A situation where a gift stated in a will is voided if the person making the will gives a similar or identical item to the intended recipient prior to their death
- The ademption occurred when the property stated in the will was sold before the testator passed away.
- Due to ademption, the mentioned gift in the will was nullified as the recipient had already received a similar gift from the testator during their lifetime.
- Before her death, she gifted the antique clock to the grandson, which led to the ademption of the same item listed in her will.