- In the context of insurance, 'adjust' refers to the process of determining the payable amount under a policy to settle a loss
- In terms of bankruptcy, 'adjust' means reorganizing with creditors to figure out how a debtor is going to pay their debts
- Generally, 'adjust' implies the act of calculating something based on a particular system or set of rules
- The insurance company will adjust the claim based on the assessment of the loss.
- After declaring bankruptcy, he needed to adjust his debts with all creditors.
- The salary has been adjust according to the company's pay scale system.