- Refers to the act of supplying or delivering something before it's actually needed
- Denotes the action of giving a gift with the expectation that it will be considered as a forward payment
- Pertains to the act of providing money before the monetary agreement or contract is executed, in anticipation of its return
- Refers to the act of providing something, such as goods or money, ahead of the acceptance of the return or reimbursement
- The contractor has asked the homeowner for an advance to buy materials for the renovation.
- For every project, our company has a policy to advance a certain budget for operations and daily administrative needs.
- An employee would generally get an advance from their employer in case of emergencies.