- An individual, typically a lawyer, who shows support for another's case in court, arguing on their behalf
- Refers to a person or a group who stands up for and protects a particular cause or suggestion
- The act of speaking, writing, or acting on behalf of a person or cause
- To take on the role of supporter or defender in a specific situation or cause
- The defense counsel will act as an advocate for the accused during the trial.
- As a human rights advocate, she continually fights for the rights and freedoms of individuals around the world.
- They have chosen to advocate for stricter environmental regulations in the manufacturing industry.