- Refers to statements that confirm the presence of specific facts, particularly in relation to pursuing a legal action
- Originates from a deliberate action or deed
- Demands the exertion or dedication of endeavor or effort
- Supports or advocates for a particular proposal or action
- The lawyer prepared a detailed affirmative argument to bolster their lawsuit.
- The affirmative conduct of the corporation clearly indicated its intentional violation of the law.
- The labor law is affirmative in nature, demanding companies to put considerable effort into workers' safety.
- Her affirmative vote was crucial in passing the important social welfare bill.