- An individual or entity who owes loyalty to a foreign country or government
- A resident born in a foreign country who has not undergone the process of naturalization and is still recognized as a citizen or subject of a foreign nation
- In the new regulation, an alien must fulfill strict requirements to obtain a local driver's license.
- An alien must hold a valid visa before entering the country.
- The law provides that an alien may apply for citizenship after residing in the country for five years.