- The action of asserting something to be true, especially in a formal setting
- A declaration or claim that is not confirmed or established
- The scenario where a person involved in a court case sets forth a fact or circumstance they attempt to establish as true
- When reporting the misconduct, the employee made several serious allegations against his supervisor.
- In a court case, the plaintiff's allegation consisted of claims about the defendant's negligence.
- The politician denied all the allegations of fraud brought against him.