- A term used to describe a choice presented among various options
- Refers to something that operates outside of the standard or established framework
- A scenario or proposition involving a choice between two or more items, where only one item can be selected
- Defines one from multiple possibilities, directions, or proposals that can be chosen
- Depicts an object or approach that can be selected in place of another
- The attorney presented an alternative strategy to the defendant.
- In alternative dispute resolution, parties try to settle their issues without going to court.
- The witness was asked to provide an alternative account of the incident, apart from the one in the police report.