- A formal documentation by a defendant in response to the allegations made by the plaintiff in a court. This document can include denials of the allegations, presentation of defenses, counterclaims, or any claims against third parties not previously involved in the case
- A documented reply given in response to any counterclaims, cross-claims, or claims against third parties made in a lawsuit
- The process of officially submitting or providing a written rejoinder in a legal matter
- A situation where one party (or person) assumes accountability or responsibility on behalf of another, particularly regarding a debt
- The act of providing a reaction to a query or a statement
- The process of presenting a defense in response to an accusation or charge
- I will need to draft my answer to the lawsuit filed against me carefully.
- Before we can proceed, we must receive an answer from the defendant.
- The lawyer worked late into the night to prepare an answer for the charges brought against his client.