- To show up in front of a person or entity that holds power
- To be present in court as a participant in a legal case, usually by means of a legal representative
- To show up in court as the legal representative for a participant in a lawsuit
- To display a particular image or impression
- The accused individual must appear in court on the specified date.
- The attorney was prepared to appear on behalf of his client during the hearing.
- Despite the negative rumors, the company managed to appear unscathed and professional at the press conference.