- The act of dividing or allocating an amount due in a fair and balanced manner in light of a pre-planned arrangement
- The action of segregating a tax or other obligation among the parties who should bear different parts of the payment
- The assignment of a part of the agreed payment in a contract as compensation for the recipient's partial fulfillment of their obligations
- The disbursement of corporate profits to shareholders, based on a certain ratio or fraction
- The lawful assignment of legislative representatives and taxes among various states
- The company had to apportion the proceeds from the sale among its investors.
- To resolve the disagreement, the board decided to apportion the remaining funds.
- The responsibility of the tax department is to apportion liabilities among taxpayers based on their income.