- A financial strategy involving buying a specific asset like a commodity, security, or foreign currency in one market, with the intention of promptly reselling it in another market for a higher price
- A financial maneuver which involves purchasing the stock of a company that is a target of a takeover, with the plan of making a profit by reselling it to the party initiating the takeover
- The investor was keen to engage in arbitrage to exploit price differences in various markets.
- When the news of the business takeover broke, many investors tried their hand at arbitrage to make some quick money.
- The rapid fluctuations in the currency market presented an opportunity for arbitrage for many savvy investors.