- Subject to the personal whims of an authority like a judge, without following established standards, rules, or laws
- Unrestrained and unlimited in the use of authority or power
- An outcome that arises from the unrestricted use of power without any considerations
- Driven by bias, convenience, or personal preferences rather than based on facts or proper reasoning
- Appearing random or unreasonable, driven by personal will rather than facts or the rule of law
- The decision felt arbitrary, as the judge seemed to ignore the facts presented during the hearings.
- There's a growing fear that the new leader may exercise his powers in an arbitrary manner.
- Penalizing the whole class for the mistake of few is an arbitrary action and lacks fairness.