- The act of serving as a neutral party to help in settling a dispute or disagreement
- The process of bringing an issue before an impartial person for resolution
- The role of intervening as an impartial third party to resolve a disagreement or dispute
- The two companies agreed to arbitrate their dispute rather than go to court.
- In order to resolve the issue, a third party was brought in to arbitrate.
- They chose to arbitrate the matter to reach a quicker solution, avoiding a lengthy court battle.