- A circumstance in a business transaction where all involved parties act independently, possessing their own interests and none being under the control or influence of another
- An agreement made freely and independently between two parties who have no special relationship, assuring fair terms and conditions
- The two companies negotiated the contract at arm's length to ensure fairness.
- Each party maintained an arm's length relationship during the property sale to avoid any conflicts of interest.
- To maintain integrity, it is necessary to conduct such transactions at arm's length.
- The house was sold for a fair market price since it was an arm's length transaction.
- Their business dealings were conducted at arm's length to avoid conflicts of interest.
- The arm's length principle ensures that both parties in a transaction are acting in their own self interest.