- A crime or wrong involving a threat or attempt to cause immediate offensive physical contact or bodily injury. This act requires the person committing the assault to have the immediate capability to cause harm and places the victim in fear of impending harm or contact
- The legal violation resulting from the combination of assault and battery
- The act of performing an attack on someone, usually linked with physical violence or threats
- The act of initiating an offensive action against someone or something
- She was apprehended by the police under charges of assault after threatening her neighbor.
- The plaintiff claims the defendant committed an assault, accusing him of threatening and attempting to harm him.
- The local man faced jail time after violently yelling at and pushing a bystander, which is considered a form of assault.