- The process where one person appoints responsibilities or roles to another
- The specific role, job, or duty given to a particular person
- A specific task given or allocated to someone
- Transferring ownership of assets or rights from one person to another
- The assignment of the project workload was divided among team members carefully.
- The assignment of the officer to a case was done by the police chief.
- The assignment of property ownership from the seller to the buyer was facilitated by a real estate agent.