- The branch of science that deals with the behaviors and dynamics of projectiles such as bullets during their flight
- The specific qualities and behaviors of a projectile, like a bullet, during its flight
- The investigation of the inner workings and actions within a firearm during the instance it is discharged
- The evidence from ballistics helped to determine the trajectory of the bullet.
- In the criminal case, ballistics proved vital in matching the bullet to the weapon.
- The professionals in ballistics were able to explain how the firearm was fired.