- A person or entity whose assets are managed by a third party for the advantage of their creditors due to financial difficulties
- Detailing a state of complete monetary depletion, posing an inability to fulfill financial obligations or debts
- The action of pushing an individual or entity to a state where their financial resources are insufficient to meet their outstanding debts
- Due to her mounting debts and inability to pay off her creditors, she was declared bankrupt.
- The company was previously very successful, but a series of poor investments left it completely bankrupt.
- After a long period of financial struggle, the high-interest rates forced the small business owner into bankrupt.