- Permission given to an individual, such as a salesperson, to access someone else's property for their own gain
- Permission allowing the use of copyrighted content without granting an exclusive right to utilize said content
- The homeowner gave the plumber a bare license to enter the property and repair the pipes.
- As an artist, he had a bare license to use certain copyrighted material in his own work, but he couldn't claim exclusivity over its use.
- Being a door to door salesperson, she often operates under a bare license allowing her to step onto private properties.