- Refers to a court that is less authoritative or has lesser jurisdiction compared to another one
- Indicates something written or present in a lower portion of the same page or on a page that comes after
- Denotes a position or status that is lower in place, rank, or value compared to another
- The case was first tried in the court below before it reached the appellate court.
- Please refer to the diagram below for a better understanding of the process.
- In the company's hierarchy, an assistant manager is below a manager.