- A collection of individuals who are responsible for making decisions, supervising, conducting investigations, or providing guidance for a business, trust, or other organization, whether it is public or private
- A group of citizens chosen through elections to manage the operations or a certain aspect of operations for a political entity such as a town or county
- An agency that operates at the federal, state, or local level within the government
- An entity that facilitates the buying and selling of securities or commodities
- The board of the private hospital held a meeting to discuss their response to the pandemic.
- The town residents voted for the members of the water management board in their local elections.
- The board of education made adjustments to the school district's curriculum based on recent policy changes.
- The stock exchange board monitors the purchase and sale of stocks to ensure legality.