- Refers to an item that has been illegally duplicated, reproduced, or created
- The act of making, creating, or distributing something without the proper permissions or licenses
- The practice of participating in the illegal reproduction or distribution of copyrighted or controlled items
- Selling bootleg copies of popular movies is illegal and can result in heavy fines.
- He was arrested for attempting to bootleg the latest software from the company.
- Local authorities have been cracking down on those who bootleg alcohol in the city.