breach of the peace
- A disruption or alteration of public order or calm
- The act of committing an activity that causes a disruption to peace or tranquillity
- A loud and chaotic protest in a residential area may be regarded as a breach of the peace.
- Disorderly conduct, such as fighting or causing a loud disruption in a public place, can be classified as a breach of the peace.
- The police may intervene and make an arrest when they believe a person is acting in a way that could result in a breach of the peace.