- The starting or initiation of a legal process via the appropriate legal channels
- The act of presenting a lawsuit to a court
- To make a formal accusation such as a charge or an indictment
- The plaintiff decided to bring a lawsuit against the corporation for patent infringement.
- Due to evidence of malicious intent, the prosecutor decided to bring the charges against the defendant.
- The local government decided to bring a legal proceeding against the factory for violating environmental regulations.