- A regulation established by an organization to govern the behavior of its members and manage its affairs
- A law or regulation passed by a local government body
- The homeowner association issued a bylaw stating that residents cannot paint their houses with bright or unconventional colors.
- The town council passed a bylaw restricting the use of plastic bags in local grocery stores.
- Under the newly established bylaw, the board members are required to attend at least 75% of the meetings in a year.