- It refers to the action or process of deciding that an event or obligation previously scheduled will not take place or is no longer valid
- This can also describe a symbol or mark placed on a document, typically a financial instrument like a check, to indicate that it's no longer valid or has been nullified
- Due to unforeseen events, the board of directors declared the cancellation of the annual shareholder meeting.
- In order to prevent fraudulent activity, the bank manager stamped a cancellation on the lost checks.
- After double-checking the contracts, it was decided that a cancellation was in the best interest of all parties.