- The rules or doctrines established by a religious assembly
- A command or law expressed in the realm of religious jurisprudence
- A universally recognized principle or rule
- A collection of guiding principles, standards or norms
- The canon, recently established by the council, resulted in significant changes in the religious community.
- His action was considered a violation of the canon, leading to serious consequences.
- To maintain ethical practices, professionals across various fields follow a specific canon.