- A thorough examination or investigation of something in detail
- The process of bringing a particular matter under discussion or debate
- The act of scrutinizing a specific area or contacting individuals in order to gather opinions or sentiments, or solicit support or orders
- The action of actively seeking votes or orders
- The candidate's team planned to canvass the entire city before the elections.
- The researcher decided to canvass the topic thoroughly before presenting it at the conference.
- They decided to canvass the rural areas to understand the impact of the new agricultural policy.