- The eligibility, capability or legal power given by the law that allows a person to perform certain acts such as giving consent or making a will
- The potential or competence of an individual to do or achieve something
- The capacity of a person to enter into a contract is primarily determined by their understanding of the terms and conditions involved.
- The minor did not have the legal capacity to make the decision, thus a guardian was appointed.
- Despite his illness, he demonstrated exceptional mental capacity to understand the complexities of his case.