- Refers to an action or decision made based on sudden impulse or whim, without a consistent or predictable pattern
- Denotes a decision or action that does not have a logical or sensible reasoning behind it
- Describes something that has a propensity to undergo sudden and unexpected changes
- Identifies actions or decisions that don't have sufficient evidence or aren't in line with recognized legal principles
- The judge ruled the mayor's actions were capricious, as they seemed to be driven by whim rather than sound reasoning.
- The capricious nature of the new rule was concerning, shifting unpredictably and often.
- The claim was dismissed due to the capriciousness of the plaintiff's allegations, lacking concrete evidence or adherence to established laws.