- Refers to a legal dispute, either civil or criminal, which is brought to a court for resolution
- Represents the set of facts, the path it took through the legal system, and the final decision in a legal action
- Describes the set of evidence and assertions made by one side in a court trial
- Means to examine or scrutinize an area with the intention to steal
- The details of the case were meticulously studied by the law students.
- In that case, the judge's ruling was considered groundbreaking because he interpreted a law in a novel way.
- The attorney gathered all necessary documents to present her case in court.