- Refers to something that happens unintentionally or without prior knowledge
- Describes an action that is performed without a specific intention behind it
- Relates to someone who works without a fixed and regular schedule
- Involves participation in a particular task or undertaking from time to time
- The damage to the office was deemed casual, as no one expected the flooding.
- His casual remarks on the case turned out to have significant influence.
- She worked on a casual basis, picking up shifts whenever they were available.
- Although not regular members, casual participants of the meeting made some valid points.