- A cautionary detail that advises against certain actions or behaviors
- A statement that provides clarity to avoid misunderstanding
- A formal request to a judge or legal body to postpone a legal process until the opposing party can present their case
- The lawyer issued a caveat about the potential legal repercussions of the proposed action.
- To prevent confusion, he added a concise caveat to his agreement.
- Upon receiving the caveat, the court agreed to delay the proceedings to allow the defense time to prepare.