- The act of analyzing a publication, film, or similar media for content deemed inappropriate or offensive, and eliminating or altering such content
- A person or group who does the job of inspecting and removing or changing unacceptable or offensive portions of a publication, film, or other media
- The school administration decided to censor the students' magazine to remove any inappropriate content.
- After a series of complaints, the media company appointed a professional censor to review all their broadcasts.
- To protect young audiences, most television networks employ a censor to edit out explicit or disturbing scenes.