- A paper document that verifies a fact or attests to the authenticity of something
- A formal document verifying that an individual has met certain criteria and is now allowed to perform in a certain area of expertise
- A document that provides evidence of ownership or debt obligation
- The process of validating or sanctioning with a certificate
- The course instructor issued a certificate to every student who met the course requirements.
- The bank issued a certificate naming the company as the owner of the property.
- To confirm his qualifications, he decided to certificate his expertise through a renowned institute.