- A type of court in England and Wales presided over by the Lord Chancellor and engaged in deciding cases based on fairness and equitable principles
- The established procedures and guidelines followed by a court to resolve disputes in accordance with principles of fairness and equity
- The chancery court made an equitable decision based on the fairness of the situation.
- The principles of chancery were applied to resolve a case involving a complex property dispute.
- The complex inheritance case was referred to chancery to ensure a decision based on equity.