- A legal document issued by a government or state providing certain rights, freedoms, or privileges to an individual or group
- A documented authority giving constitutional powers to a city, educational institute, or a company
- An official document issued by an organization's leaders to create a new office, branch, or subgroup
- A contract for renting a ship, typically for transporting goods
- The act of granting specific rights or powers to an entity through a legal document
- The act of temporarily renting or hiring something, generally for exclusive use
- The city council reviewed the charter before discussing new policy reforms.
- To launch the new branch, we first need to receive a charter from headquarters.
- The cruise company decided to charter the entire ship for the summer voyage.