- A court existing within a particular judicial district with the power to operate in numerous locations within that district
- A state-level court having the authority to hear cases initially, and occasionally, the power to review decisions from lower courts
- It can also be one of the federal courts of appeals, implying a court that reviews cases decided in lower courts
- The Circuit Court will convene in different locations within the district throughout the year.
- The Circuit Court has both original jurisdiction to hear cases first and appellate jurisdiction to review decisions from lower courts.
- The Federal Circuit Court is responsible for hearing appeals from decisions made in lower courts.