- An accompanying or determining factor, event, or condition
- A piece of evidence that influences the likelihood or unlikelihood of a particular occurrence
- A scenario concerning one's financial status
- The defendant disputed the circumstance of his arrest, claiming there was no reason for suspicion.
- The detective's experience in the field allowed him to quickly grasp the circumstance from the gathered evidence.
- One's financial circumstance often plays a major role in determining access to legal representation.