- An individual, whether native or naturalized, who has pledged loyalty to a government, such as that of a state or nation, and in return is afforded governmental protection and the ability to participate in civil activities
- An individual residing in a specific town or state who is either originally from the U.S. or became a citizen through the process of naturalization in the U.S
- As a citizen, she cherishes her right to vote and participate in the democratic process.
- He gained citizen status in the U.S. through naturalization after fulfilling the required legal obligations.
- Citizen adherence to the law helps to maintain order and safety within a community.